We were introduced to Emmet Fox’s 7 Laws of the Mind in Week 5 and this is something that I have connected with, it may be because it is more on the ‘logical’ side of things and I am definitely more logical, rather that emotional.
I want to share with you today the 7 Laws and my views and experiences with them.
- Law of Forgiveness – I forgive everyone. Forgiveness brings clarity, when we do NOT forgive, we are in the state of anger and resentment against another.
To me, being in this state of anger is like the “Buddha quote: “Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.”” There is one period of time in my life when I know I WAS NOT living the Law of Forgiveness, it was not my finest hour but its these moments that shape us to be a better person and I know if I had not gone through that phase I would not be the person I am today. I was drinking the ‘poison’ wishing the other person to die. Now I did NOT actually want them dead I just wanted what they had and was angry at them for running their path and I was wishing I were on their path when I was not. My close friend and mentor shared with me the Buddha quote and I knew I was the one drinking the poison and it did help to know this and yes it took time to ‘snap out of it’ but I can now say that that period of my life is over and it definitely helped shape me to be the person I am today, the person I am proud to be.
- Law of Dual Thought – I can attach any feeling I desire to any thought, my choice. Having the choice to attach ANY feeling to any thought is HUGE! While sitting here writing this Blog I have just had a ‘light bulb’ moment, and that is in the future when I think about writing my blog I am going to attach the feelings of satisfaction, pride and accomplishment to it. Writing my blog each week can be a struggle BUT now when I think of writing my Blog I will have the feelings of Pride, Accomplishment and Satisfaction towards it which will help me get in the flow and make it not feel so much like a chore!
- Law of Substitution – I can instantly replace a negative thought with a positive one. This law I think is my fondest. This is something we can all do to live a more positive and happier life. When you find yourself having a negative thought, close your eyes, take a moment, and start thinking about something positive or something you enjoy or something that brings happiness.
- Law of Relaxation – My relaxed, calm state of mind helps me access infinite
intelligence. Ok time to be honest here, I have a 4-year-old, so I do NOT think I have experienced this Law YET! The thought of having a relaxed & calm state of mind sounds like total BLISS and one day I will get there, but until then, in this house Silence is NOT golden!! Silence means something is happening that should not be happening!
- Law of Practice – I practice daily, including these laws & perform amazingly because of practice. With practice of the correct things, we improve. Practice does make us perfect. We just need to make sure we are practicing the correct thing to improve. Through the MKE course, the Law of Practice is a focus. EVERY day we read and sit to practice the process of re-training our subconscious mind. It is the daily small steps of reading and re-reading that help us to improve.
- Law of Subconscious – My subconscious works 24/7 to manifest what I plant along with my DMP! As soon as the subconscious accepts the idea it becomes a demand, and it works constantly. Before the MKE course I did not understand this Law, but now it makes total sense. When our subconscious mind accepts an idea it becomes a demand, we read and re-read our DMP so that our subconscious can accept it and then demand it of us! It is like holding us accountable to what we truly desire.
- Law if Growth – Whatever I think about grows and what I forget atrophies
without exception. What you think about, you bring about. What are you thinking about??? If you do not like what you are thinking about then you need to change your thought because if you keep thinking about it, it will grow!
I hope you have found my views of Emmet’s 7 Laws of the Mind helpful.